Using Public Transportation (MBTA):
Take the Red Line to the Kendall/MIT Stop.
From Boston's Logan Airport:
For driving directions directly to the Microsoft NERD Center, use the link in the Driving Instructions section above and then click on IV. From the Airportto read the detailed instructions.
For transportation to the Boston Marriott Hotel Cambridge at Two Cambridge Center, 50 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142 (note there are several Marriott properties in the immediate vicinity, including a Residence Inn and a Courtyard):
- Driving instructions: see the Marriott Hotel Information link below.
- Public transportation: take the Silver Line SL-1 (an articulated bus that is operated as part of the subway system) to South Station and change to the Red Line... DO NOT go through any tollgates or turnstiles and DO NOT exit the station. Take the Red Line toward Alewife and exit at the Kendall/MIT stop. The fare is $2 with cash or a paper 'CharlieTicket'. With a plastic 'CharlieCard', the fare is $1.70.
- Taxi: the fare is estimated at $30.00 - 35.00 (one way). Note: Taxi fares are based on a meter, not the number of people in the party.
- Shuttle: The Boston Marriott Hotel Cambridge in Kendall Square does NOT provide shuttle service. However, Day and Knight Transportation, Inc. (http://www.dayandknighttransportation.com) runs a shuttle between between Logan airport and several Cambridge hotels. For reservation or general inquiry, call 617-771-2497or 877-289-8339. The shuttle runs roughly every half hour and the fare is $16.50 per person.
Walking from the Kendall/MIT MBTA stop or the Boston Marriott Hotel:
The walk is approximately a 5 minute walk (0.2 miles).
If you must drive, consider parking at the Microsoft NERD Center parking lot, other nearby parking lots, or park at a lot outside of the city at MBTA stops and take public transportation. Google “parking near Kendall/MIT, Cambridge, MA 02142” for alternative parking facilities.
Metered street parking is not recommended. You are only allowed to park up to the maximum time that is posted, whether or not you deposit additional money (http://www2.cambridgema.gov/traffic/parkingmeters.cfm).
- Weekdays before 4PM it's a flat rate of $27.
- After 4PM on weekdays and all day on weekends it's a flat rate of $10.
Marriott Hotel Information:
We have arranged for a discounted block of guest rooms for Agile Games 2012 attendees at the Boston Marriott Cambridge adjacent to the Kendall Square/MIT subway station. The reduced rate is $199 (plus 14.45% tax) per night and includes complimentary Internet in the guest room. These rates are available for the nights of Wednesday, 18 Apr 2012, to Friday, 20 Apr 2012 (i.e., checkout on Saturday, 21 Apr 2012).
Note: There are two other Marriott properties in Cambridge, the "Courtyard by Marriott Boston-Cambridge" and the "Cambridge Center Residence Inn" and there are many other Marriott properties in the greater Boston area.
The block of rooms will be held until Wed, 21 Mar 2012, at which time any unsold rooms will be released. In consideration of other attendees, if you reserve a room at the reduced rate and subsequently determine you will not be using it, please cancel your reservation promptly to allow others to take advantage of the discount.
To make your reservation over the internet for any or all of the nights of Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 18 - 20 Apr 2012, use the URL http://tinyurl.com/AG2012-MarriottRes. This will pre-populate the dates and discount code for you. If you don't want to stay for all three nights, edit the arrival and/or departure date. You can also call Marriott Central Reservations at 1-888-236-2427 and tell them that you want to make a reservation at the "Boston Marriott Cambridge" as part of the "Agile Games 2012" group and get the group rate of $199/night (plus 14.45% tax).
Note: This hotel has a smoke-free policy. Pets are not allowed, however service animals are allowed for persons with disabilities. On-site parking is available, but is expensive ($25/day for self-parking and $30/day for valet parking). There is also a vehicle height restriction of 6' 2".